Woodlawn, Prince George's County, Maryland
Location of Woodlawn, Maryland
|• Total||1.1 sq mi (2.9 km2)|
|• Land||1.1 sq mi (2.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|• Density||5,800/sq mi (2,200/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||598276|
Woodlawn is located at (38.949361, −76.898016).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the community has a total area of 1.1 square miles (2.9 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 6,251 people, 2,068 households, and 1,565 families residing in the community. The population density was 5,638.1 people per square mile (2,174.3/km2). There were 2,183 housing units at an average density of 1,968.9/sq mi (759.3/km2). The racial makeup of the community was 17.45% White, 72.34% African American, 0.38% Native American, 2.21% Asian, 0.10% Pacific Islander, 4.86% from other races, and 2.66% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 9.55% of the population.
There were 2,068 households out of which 38.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 45.3% were married couples living together, 22.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 24.3% were non-families. 19.5% of all households were made up of individuals and 5.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.02 and the average family size was 3.45.
In the community the population was spread out with 29.7% under the age of 18, 9.2% from 18 to 24, 31.2% from 25 to 44, 22.0% from 45 to 64, and 7.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 33 years. For every 100 females, there were 95.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 90.8 males.
The median income for a household in the community was $54,250, and the median income for a family was $60,392. Males had a median income of $33,872 versus $34,531 for females. The per capita income for the community was $19,709. About 5.2% of families and 6.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 8.5% of those under age 18 and 5.6% of those age 65 or over.
Zoned schools include:
- Elementary (all in the CDP): Beacon Heights, Glenridge, and Woodridge
- Charles Carroll Middle School in New Carrollton
- Parkdale High School in Riverdale Park
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Woodlawn, Prince George's County, Maryland
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Woodlawn CDP (Prince George's County), Maryland". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved December 23, 2011.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "CENSUS OF POPULATION AND HOUSING (1790-2000)". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2010-07-18.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Woodlawn CDP, MD" (PDF). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2020-05-25. - Compare with school district attendance boundary maps.
- "NEIGHBORHOOD ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS AND BOUNDARIES SCHOOL YEAR 2018-2019." Prince George's County Public Schools. Retrieved on August 26, 2018.
- "NEIGHBORHOOD MIDDLE SCHOOLS AND BOUNDARIES SCHOOL YEAR 2018-2019." Prince George's County Public Schools. Retrieved on August 26, 2018.
- "NEIGHBORHOOD HIGH SCHOOLS AND BOUNDARIES SCHOOL YEAR 2018-2019." Prince George's County Public Schools. Retrieved on August 26, 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Woodlawn, Prince George's County, Maryland.|