(Redirected from Axylos)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Diomedes, expert in war cries, killed Axylus,
- son of Teuthranus, a rich man, from well-built Arisbe.
- People really loved him, for he lived beside a road,
- welcomed all passers-by into his home.
- But not one of those men he'd entertained now stood
- in front of him, protecting him from wretched death.
- Diomedes took the lives of two men--Axylus,
- and his attendant Calesius, his charioteer.
- So both men went down into the underworld.
|This article relating to Greek mythology is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|