Soulmates Never Die (Live in Paris 2003)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Soulmates Never Die|
(Live in Paris 2003)
|Released||15 March 2004|
|Recorded||18 October 2003|
|Producer||Done and Dusted|
Soulmates Never Die (Live in Paris 2003) is a live DVD by English alternative rock band Placebo, recorded on 18 October 2003 at the Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy in Paris. It is the first DVD by Placebo that was released mainstream and made available worldwide. The DVD was released in the UK on 15 March 2004 and in the US and Canada on 29 June 2004.
Tim DiGravina of AllMusic wrote that "the film is an intensely edgy portrait of Placebo as a trio of arena rock gods [...] [Brian Molko's] voice is still in fine form, his and Stefan Olsdal's guitars are as fierce and crunchy as ever, and Steve Hewitt's drumming is spot-on. Every one of the 21 songs is tackled with conviction and passion. Indeed, most of the songs sound fuller and better here than on their respective albums."
- "Bulletproof Cupid"
- "Allergic (To Thoughts of Mother Earth)"
- "Every You Every Me"
- "Protège-Moi" (French version of "Protect Me From What I Want")
- "The Bitter End"
- "Soulmates" (Heavier version of "Sleeping with Ghosts")
- "I'll Be Yours"
- "Special Needs"
- "English Summer Rain"
- "Without You I'm Nothing"
- "This Picture"
- "Special K"
- "Taste in Men"
- "Slave to the Wage"
- "Peeping Tom"
- "Pure Morning"
- "Where Is My Mind?" (Pixies cover featuring Frank Black)
- Sleeping with Ghosts documentary: A 25-minute tour documentary of the band as they tour the world to promote their album. Includes backstage footage, parties and the band just hanging out.
- Chicks with Dicks: Hidden in the "Audio" section of the DVD is an old live performance of "Where Is My Mind?", a Pixies cover, while the band is dressed-up in drag. To view this, one is to go to the 'Audio' section, highlight 'Stereo' and push the 'up' key, after which a French flag should appear. After pressing 'OK' the feature should begin playing.
- Brian's B12's Tour: This is a humorous scene in which the cameras are focused on Brian. To view this, one is to go to the DVD 'main menu', highlight 'set list' and press the 'up' key, after which a French flag should appear. After pressing 'OK' the feature should begin playing.
- Brian Molko – guitars, vocals, bass, keyboards, effects, harmonica, percussion
- Stefan Olsdal – bass, guitars, keyboards, backing vocals
- Steve Hewitt – drums, percussion
- Bill Lloyd – bass, guitars, keyboards
- Xavior Roide – keyboards, percussion, backing vocals
|Austria (IFPI Austria)
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Tim DiGravina. "Soulmates Never Die: Live in Paris 2003 - Placebo". AllMusic. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- "Austrian video certifications – Placebo – Soulmates Never Die" (in German). IFPI Austria. Retrieved 14 January 2020.
- "French video certifications – Placebo – Soulmates Never Die" (in French). Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique. Retrieved 14 January 2020.
- "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (Placebo; 'Soulmates Never Die')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie. Retrieved 14 January 2020.
- "Certificaciones" (in Spanish). Asociación Mexicana de Productores de Fonogramas y Videogramas. Retrieved 14 January 2020. Type Placebo in the box under the ARTISTA column heading and Soulmates Never Die in the box under TÍTULO