|Founded||1985Brooklyn, New York, U.S.in|
Number of employees
PNY Technologies, Inc., doing business as PNY, is an American manufacturer of flash memory cards, USB flash drives, solid state drives, memory upgrade modules, portable battery chargers, computer locks, cables, chargers, adapters, and consumer and professional graphics cards. The company is headquartered in Parsippany-Troy Hills, New Jersey.
PNY stands for Paris, New York, as they used to distribute their memory modules from Paris to New York.
PNY Electronics, Inc. originated out of Brooklyn, New York in 1985 as a company that bought and sold memory chips.
In 1996, the company was headquartered in Moonachie, New Jersey, and had a manufacturing production plant there, an additional plant in Santa Clara, California, and served Europe from a third facility in Bordeaux, France.
To emphasize its expansion into manufacturing new forms of memory and complementary products, the company changed its name in 1997 to PNY Technologies, Inc. The company now has main offices in Parsippany, New Jersey; Santa Clara, California; Miami, Florida; Bordeaux, France, and Taiwan.
In 2009, the New Jersey Nets sold the naming rights of their practice jerseys to PNY. In 2010, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie spoke to PNY CEO Gadi Cohen about staying in New Jersey after Cohen was reportedly considering a move to Pennsylvania. In 2011, PNY moved their global headquarters and main manufacturing facility to a 40+ acre location on Jefferson Road in Parsippany, NJ. Lt. Governor Kim Guadagno toured the company and called it "a real good business news story for New Jersey."
PNY is a memory and graphics technology company and a manufacturer of computer peripherals.
- Flash memory cards
- USB flash drives
- Solid state drives
- Memory upgrades
- NVIDIA GeForce and Quadro graphics cards
- HDMI cables
- DRAM modules
- Portable battery chargers
- HP Pendrive & MicroSD Cards 
- CD-R discs
- "PNY ELECTRONICS, INC. 1996 COMPANY PROFILE". PNY.com. Archived from the original on 1997-02-08. Retrieved 2014-01-07. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Garcia, Julian (2009-11-08). "Nets sell practice jersey rights to PNY". New York Daily News. Retrieved 2014-01-07. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Morley, Hugh R. (2010-02-10). "Christie makes pitch to CEOs". The Record. Retrieved 2014-01-07. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Davis, Natalie (2011-08-23). "Lt. Gov. Declares Parsippany Firm 'Good News' for New Jersey". Patch.com. Retrieved 2014-01-07. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Lilly, Paul (2011-06-06). "PNY Partners with Asetek to Ship Liquid Cooled Videocards". Maximum PC. Retrieved 2014-01-07. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Franklin, Eric (2008-09-03). "Insert 'Ghostbusters' song reference here: PNY offers movie on USB". CNET. Retrieved 2014-01-07. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)